- in stock
- 2 litre pot
- Standard FREE (orders over £50), or £3.95
- Next / named day £6.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: humus-rich, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast growing
- Hardiness: fully hardy
This very hardy bamboo is quite modestly sized (with an eventual height of around 3m), so is ideal for smaller gardens or large pots. It has slender, upright to arching canes, which are clothed in attractive green leaves throughout the year. Eventually forming dense clumps, the new canes emerge a bright green, which contrast well with the culm sheaths, creating a distinctive two-tone effect until the sheaths drop away.
- Garden care: Do not allow to dry out while the plant is getting established. Protect from cold, drying winds.