Garrya elliptica 'James Roof'
- in stock
- 2 litre pot - 20cm
- Standard £4.95
- Next / named day £6.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moderately-fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: December to February
- Hardiness: frost hardy (needs winter protection in cold areas)
Long, silvery catkins up to 20cm long, shine out among glossy, wavy-edged, dark green leaves throughout winter. The silken tassels of this upright, evergreen shrub make a stunning feature in the winter garden. Try it towards the back of a sunny, shrub border, against a wall or as a windbreak in coastal areas. When it has finished its display, the dark foliage makes a lovely foil for summer-flowering shrubs.
- Garden care: Cut back dead or straggly branches in April or May.