Halimium 'April Sun'
woolly rock rose
- available to order from spring
- 2 litre pot
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moderately fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May to August
- Hardiness: frost hardy (may need winter protection in cold areas)
This diminutive, long-flowering evergreen will often produce its flat-faced, saucer-like flowers from May to August. Also, provided it is planted in a sunny spot with freely draining soil, it will need very little fuss once it has become established. It looks great in a naturalised setting, and it will also flourish when potted up and placed on a sunny patio.
- Garden care: After flowering, pinch back the young plant to encourage a bushy habit. Lightly trim or cut back any stems that spoil its symmetry, but avoid hard pruning. Once established, these plants often resent being moved.