Lathyrus odoratus 'Mollie Rilstone'
spencer sweet pea seed Mollie Rilstone
- in stock
(shipped within 1 week)
- approx 20 seeds
- Next / named day
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, humus-rich, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to September
- Hardiness: hardy annual
Each picotee petal has a creamy coloured base that becomes pinker towards the outer edges. The scent of the flowers is strong and delicious and the blooms are of exhibition quality. Mix it with rich pinks and plums or lilacs and purples for a great effect. Not just pretty to look at though, they will also act as a magnet for beneficial insects.
- Garden care: From October to late March, sow seeds into pots filled with good-quality seed compost and place them in a cold frame. Pinch out the tips as the plants grow to encourage them to become bushier, and harden off before planting out in a sunny spot from April onwards. Direct sowings can be made in October or March. It is important to remove the faded flowers before they set seed, so picking them to fill a vase inside will only encourage more to form.
- Sow: October-March
- Flowering: June-September
- Approximate quantity: 20 seeds.