miscellaneous group tulip bulbs
- 20 + 10 FREE bulbs
- available to order from autumn 2021
- 10 bulbs
- Standard (dispatched separately)
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: March to April
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 11/12
Shiny, lance-shaped green leaves form loose clumps, which in early to mid-spring are crowned with white-tipped yellow flowers, often with a reverse that is flushed with red and green. Happiest in richer soils, its compact habit makes it ideal for pots. This tulip is one of the few that do not need to be lifted each year and if planted in the ground, it will spread to form good-sized clumps.
- Garden care: In November or December plant bulbs 10-15cm deep in fertile, well-drained soil. After flowering deadhead and apply a balanced liquid fertiliser each week for the first month.
- Harmful if eaten/may cause skin allergy