Clematis 'Alba Luxurians'
clematis (group 3)
- within 2 weeks
- 2 lt pot (60cm cane)
- Standard £4.95
This climber is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: July to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Open, bell-shaped white flowers with purplish-black centres and grey-green leaves. This late summer flowering clematis is ideal for growing through trees, shrubs and climbing roses. The elegant white flowers with bright green tips are much sought after by flower-arrangers. A viticella-type, it has a good resistance to clematis wilt and tolerates a certain amount of wind.
- Garden care: In early spring cut back the previous year's stems to a pair of strong buds about 15-20cm (6-8in) above ground-level and apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the plant, avoiding the immediate crown.