Clematis 'Miss Christine'
clematis (group 1)
- in stock
(shipped in 3 to 5 working days)
- 2 lt pot (60cm cane)
- Next / named day
This climber is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: May to June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Masses of single white flowers with a delicate pale pink edge appear from late spring to early summer. This lovely montana clematis is named after the youngest daughter of the breeder, Sheila Chapman. It's a vigorous grower and the flowers have a rich, sweet fragrance so perfect for planting near a seating area or doorway.
- Garden care: No routine pruning is necessary. If the spread needs to be restricted prune immediately after flowering, cutting back overlong shoots to healthy buds. Apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the base of the plant in early spring.