- available to order from spring
- 2 litre pot
- Standard £4.95
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to September
- Hardiness: frost hardy (may need winter protection)
Clusters of fragrant, pure white flowers from June to September among small, lustrous, dark green leaves, often bronze-tinted in cold weather. This upright, evergreen shrub prefers a sheltered, sunny site with fertile, well-drained soil. To fully appreciate the wonderfully scented flowers, it's best grown in a border close to an entrance or path.
- Garden care: Deadhead regularly to prolong flowering. In mid or late spring lightly cut back any shoots that spoil the symmetry of the plant. After pruning apply a generous 5-7 cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted garden compost or manure around the base of the plant.