Narcissus 'King Alfred'
trumpet daffodil King Alfred
- 20 + 10 FREE bulbs
- available to order from autumn
- 10 bulbs
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: March and April
- Flower colour: golden-yellow
- Other features: excellent as cut-flowers; contact with the sap may cause skin irritation
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 12/14
First introduced over 100 years ago, this is still one of the most popular daffodils on the market today. It provides an iconic image of spring, with its gorgeous, golden-yellow flowers that look spectacular when allowed to naturalise and form large drifts. Plant plenty of them so you can pick some for the vase too.
- Garden care: Plant 10-15cm (4-6in) deep from late summer to early autumn. After flowering feed with a balanced fertiliser, dead-head and allow the leaves to die back naturally before removing them.