jonquilla daffodil bulbs
- available to order from summer 2021
- 10 bulbs
- Standard (dispatched separately)
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: April
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 10/12
A taller jonquil, which produces a single golden yellow flower on each stout stem. Reliable and hardy, it takes inclement weather in its stride and has really well scented blooms, so try to place it near a pathway or seating area. Plant more than you think you will need as you will also want some for cutting - they will fill your home with their heady perfume.
- Garden care: Wearing gloves plant bulbs 10-15cm deep and 10cm apart in autumn. After flowering feed with a balanced fertiliser, deadhead the flowers, but do not be tempted to cut back or tidy the foliage after flowering as this will interfere with the bulbs' ability to store energy for the following year's flowers.
- Harmful if eaten/skin irritant