Tulipa 'Rems Favourite'
triumph tulip bulbs
- available to order from autumn
- 10 bulbs
- 30 bulbs
- Standard (dispatched separately)
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: mid-April
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 11/12
If you like bicoloured flowers then you will love this beautiful triumph tulip. They have large, open ivory white cup-shaped petals with beetroot purple flaming from the base in mid-April. Triumph tulips are favoured for their traditionally shaped flowers and sturdy stems, which allow them to cope with bad weather. They also make excellent cut flowers. Zurel.
- Garden care: In September to December plant bulbs 15-20cm deep and 10-15cm apart in fertile, well-drained soil. Alternatively, allow 7-9 bulbs per 30cm sq. After flowering deadhead and apply a balanced liquid fertiliser each week for the first month. Once the foliage has died down naturally lift the bulbs and store in a cool greenhouse.
- Harmful if eaten/may cause skin allergy