Tulipa 'Spring Green'
viridiflora tulip bulbs
- available to order from autumn
- 10 bulbs
- 30 bulbs
- Standard (dispatched separately)
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 11/12
An elegant tulip with broad, white, slightly feathered petals, each with a bright green central band. Perfect for a sunny, well-drained border where it will brighten up a spring day or for planting in pots on the patio. It looks particularly lovely teamed with silver-foliaged plants or with other tulips, especially the dark plum-coloured varieties like 'Black Hero'.
- Garden care: In September to December plant bulbs 15-20cm deep and 10-15cm apart in fertile, well-drained soil. Alternatively, allow 7-9 bulbs per 30cm sq. After flowering deadhead and apply a balanced liquid fertiliser each week for the first month. Once the foliage has died down naturally lift the bulbs and store in a cool greenhouse.
- Harmful if eaten/may cause skin allergy