double daffodil bulbs
- available to order from summer
- 10 bulbs
- 30 bulbs
- Standard £4.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: March and April
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 12/14
A creamy-white, late flowering daffodil which usually appears in clusters on top of the upright stems. The strongly scented flowers do not resemble your traditional yellow trumpets, but are fully double so look ruffled and are said to resemble carnations. They look great planted in small drifts in a mixed or shrub border, or can be potted up as part of a seasonal bedding display.
- Garden care: Wearing gloves plant bulbs 10-15cm deep and 10cm apart in autumn. After flowering feed with a balanced fertiliser, dead-head the flowers, but do not be tempted to cut back or tidy the foliage after flowering as this will interfere with the bulbs ability to store energy for the following years flowers.