Planting for pollinators
Bees, wasps, butterflies and moths are vital for pollinating your crops and flowers. Encourage these insects into your garden with plants perfect for pollinators.Be inspired
Our 5 top tips for August
From lounging on a recliner during the day to toasting marshmallows over a fire pit in the evening, August is the perfect time to relax in your garden.
It's also a great time to start preparing the garden for the coming months, making sure that everything is in place so you can still enjoy a splash of colour in winter - and get next spring off to a flying start!
Here are just a few of our top tips for August:
- While temperatures are high, it's important to keep bird baths topped up regularly. Then, just sit back and enjoy the fun! Shop bird baths.
- Now's the time to prune shrubs that have just finished flowering. The aim is to remove any dead, damaged, diseased or crossing stems, and create an open centre that allows for good air circulation. Browse pruning tools.
- Make sure plants in pots, hanging baskets and window boxes are kept well watered, and pinch off spent flowers to help encourage even more to form. Browse watering accessories.
- Start planning your spring flowering bulb display, and get your order in before the popular varieties start to sell out. Shop spring-flowering bulbs.
- Keep weeds at bay as these tend to be very vigorous, and will be competing for any available water and nutrients in the soil. Shop weeders.
Enjoy quality time around a roaring fire, with modern fire pits to suit every garden style.Browse now
Make the most of time in the sun with our stylish furniture sets, perfect for outdoor dining and relaxing.
Adding outdoor lighting to the garden will create a romantic atmosphere for summer nights.Browse now